Walking Stick Forum banner
Spalted Resin

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
It took a while, and there was lots to learn (never thought it would need three resin pours), but I'm happy with the finished product of my first attempt - even though a couple of faults are still clearly apparent.

Once I had cleaned out as much of the infected material as I could, I cleaned it up and gave it a good soaking in wood hardener. As there was no way I could fill it in one go, I had to rework the moulding and masking a couple of times to get the majority of the cavity filled. Then in was a final top up and finish. Rubbing back wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be, but still took plenty of time. The stick itself was finished with a couple of coats of Danish Oil.

With all the resin down through the inside of the stick, it's quite top heavy, so think this could be classed as a modern-look shillelagh - maybe I should add a paracord wrap near the bottom to finish the look.
 

Media information

Category
Members Albums Category
Album
Untitled Album
Added by
pottingfield
Date added
View count
1,120
Comment count
1
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media

Top