Walking Stick Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Been awhile since I have had the time to get anything done. With our show closing in fast thought I better get a couple things accomplished. First one is a cotton tail rabbit carved from Linden,his ears are added on from a poplar dowel. Needs work around his eyes yet and a paint job. I have a nice maple staff he will look good on

Second one is a wood spirit that is carved from aspen. He is a bit big for a staff so I added the pin oak pipe and glued him to a walnut base for a table top piece.

Will add pics of Brrr rabbit when he's done

Thanks for lookin'

Mark

Attachments

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Here's Peter Cottontail finished along with a cpl of other pieces that will be on our table for the show next weekend. A spirit face in an antique rolling pin, one of several Santas and a few of the dozen or so sticks I will bring. I kinda felt a tinge of regret while carving up the antique rolling pin but since it was in a scrap box of junk at a garage sale I didn't let that stop slow me down for long. Perhaps with it being a novelty piece of folk art now it will survive awhile longer.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.