Walking Stick Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been wanting to dabble in some two piece canes and here are a few I've finished. One is from Alder the other two Pin Cherry.

I cut the tenon's with my knife and the hole was done with a Forstner bit. Tightbond glue holds them together. Thanks again for looking.

Sean

Attachments

Reactions: RandyL476

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Very nice looking pieces Sean.

May I suggest a piece of ready rod/ all thread drilled and epoxied into to handle hole, drill the shaft, then fill with epoxy and insert the handle and rod.

I have also made them like yours with the tenon glued and inserted in the handle, but after some advice from other members here I have started using threaded rod at the attachment point as it makes for a stronger joint.

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
nice finish on them .

I have never made a walkling stick yet , i should try to get round to doing one .

Just makes me want to get back into the workshop and start finishing of the projects i have on the go.

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. I'm wondering if I would benefit from doing the all thread route? The reason is these feel so solid as is but I don't know short of performing a real torque test on them?

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks fellas.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts