Walking Stick Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
About ten years ago I decided to try and make my own twisties by wrapping wire around the trunks of some saplings up back in the woods. I, of course, couldn't find them again. Until last summer, that is. I found that one had died (nothing to do with the wire wrap) and one had been a bit of a success. The wire hadn't been stiff enough to hold its shape and had settled in one spot. But it made a twist. Only about 4 inches in length, but it was a twist. Finally did some shaping on the stick the other day. I haven't decided what to do with the twist. Leave it as is or carve it a bit. Handle came out nice except that there was some damage at some point and left a scar which has left a thin flap of wood. I'll glue it in place at some point.

Attachments

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Rodney. I was pretty pleased with the way it turned out. I really wish the twist was closer to the handle. If I need to cut it shorter, the twist will almost be at floor level.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Finished this one off (FINALLY!!!) yesterday. The handle had a split/bark inclusion which I ended up filling with sawdust and superglue. Decided to sand down the bark since the grey ash bark just didn't look that great. Pretty happy with the results.
001.JPG

1 - 5 of 5 Posts