Walking Stick Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A good evening at the stick club last night, one of our older members brought in a stick he had made for a retired yorkshire Miner, thought it would be a nice share for this group.

Watch Analog watch Clock Font Watch accessory Window Wood Natural material Trunk Art Wood Art Window Metal Natural material

The brass encapsulated item is Davy Safety Lamp, the encapsulation is done using clear cold cast resin as is the NUM (National Union of Miners) badge in the coronet.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Great looking stick!
The local gave me a pin with our logo and my 35 years of service on it, might make for nice inlay on a stick. Right now it just sits in a box with my tie tacks.......

·
Registered
715 Posts
Gloops, that is an amazing bit of craftsmanship, there. Compliments to your friend!

Also a great bunch of sticks you posted, Cobalt.

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
no there not mine I havnt got the space to get the kit to shape ram and buffalo horn mores the pity

But the majority of the club members I go to tend to work horn

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi Friend,

Please let your Friend know he did a beautiful job on the cane! Question for you, I use different color nylon cords for the canes. I'd be interested

in where I would be able to get that type of cord and device!

Cheers Mate,

Jerry

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
That would be rare. A long straight clear section with a nearly perfect fork at the top. I don't think that happens often even where straight hazel is available.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Thanks Gloops That is a nice presentation stick/gift. Well thought out and done.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi Friend,

Please let your Friend know he did a beautiful job on the cane! Question for you, I use different color nylon cords for the canes. I'd be interested

in where I would be able to get that type of cord and device!

Cheers Mate,

Jerry
It's a Boot Lace from miners Boots.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts