Walking Stick Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
any of you guys used one of these?

are they any good? how long does the battery last or how amyshanks would it cut before recharging?

Planning on harvesting some shanks as soon as the weathert is dry and have to replace my loppers a friend borrowed them and damaged the blade

Tool Saw Chainsaw Automotive exterior Power tool

Attachments

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
I have not used the tool you are showing. I have had to battery driven yard tools and was disappointed in both. I have drills and a saws-all I am very pleased with. The charge on the yard tools just would not last. It was good the first few times I used them but charge times got lower with in a month or two. This was a few years back. Batteries are said to be better now.

·
Registered
210 Posts
It looks like it has to many moving parts to go bad for the job it has to do.I find an anvil or bypass shears is the best.Although I did buy a used 18volt milwaukee sawsall for 80.00 and rebuilt 2 batteries that came with it for 50.00 each.Which is still a good deal less than new.And with the right blades they make a pretty great limb and small tree cutter...

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you listen to the sale hyp its essential to have ? but i would normally use loppers it would be easyer if you belived the makers, but it seems a litte big and clumsy to get into the middle of the hazel? also i have found the batterys arnt as good as they make out particularly in the cold weather which seems to really kill the battery charge .

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Looks like a small chain saw with a jaw for grip on the bottom. Everybody is always trying to invent a better mouse trap. If it were me, I'd get a new pair of heavy duty loppers and give the friend that damaged your first pair the bill. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
I bought a pair of Fiskars Bypass Loppers about 2 years ago and really like them. They have a power gear that makes cutting 3 times easier.
So what would be a reasonable diameter those could handle?

·
Registered
46 Posts
So what would be a reasonable diameter those could handle?

They say 2", but that's cutting a soft wood. More like 1" or 1.5" IMHO

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think it will be a new pair of loppers for me . have beem looking at some not that many tell you what size they cut . think i will get some with a minimum cut of 2" that way they should cut up to 1.5 inches . its like a bandsaw they always overstate there depth of cut

·
Registered
419 Posts
Haven't come across anything my long handled nippers and a sharp hatchet can't work through that i'd want to make a stick out of.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts