Walking Stick Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Looks good CAS! It makes me anxious to get one made! If I could only find a nice rock pick like you did!
This wasn't cheap. Pick head without the 30" handle was around $50 no including shipping. http://minerox.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&product_ID=1072&ParentCat=5
I called them and they were willing to ship just the head.
Yes, I know, I've looked at that web site -- I've been kind of hoping to find one used like I did those draw knives. And find it locally, so I don't have to pay all that shipping for a hunk of iron!

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
I have two Mason's hammers -- I've done a little block laying, and the chisel end works real well for cutting block -- but I really want one of those picks for my Alpenstock -- or a real antique ice pick/axe.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
CAS:

I haven't given up on finding the right kind of Rock Pick for my Alpenstock or even a vintage Ice Pick/Axe -- however, I ordered a couple of these to try and conform to a woodsman Alpenstock (kind of) to try in the mean time.

Tool Font Bicycle part Musical instrument Musical instrument accessory

I'm going to try and remove the Head so that I can attach it to my own stick!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Ha, ha! I would never take it on public trails! We've got lots of wooded trails and hills on our own property -- there is one place that I would even need repelling gear to make it to the bottom.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.