Walking Stick Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Super Moderator
977 Posts
I've been thinking of trying a cane tip using either bone or antler, but adding either a spike or rubber tip to protect the bone/antler from wear. Sort of like a Veritas type tip but substituting the bone/antler for the brass part. Drilling out the end and slipping a bit of internally threaded rod (or a couple of hex nuts) for the tip to screw into.

Might use these things also. Not sure what they were originally intended for (some sort of anchor bolt, I think) but they look like they'd make good spikes for hiking staffs.

Some very nice looking sticks, by the way.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
977 Posts
It would be just like using antler for spacers. These are three I've done with antler spacers. If you don't hunt, you could get bone from a butcher or from the dog toy section at the supermarket. I have several which we had to take away from the dogs because they would fight over them (even when they each had their own, they always wanted the one the other had.)

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.