Walking Stick Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it happen. Lost years worth of pictures that had not been backed up. My fault! But still heart braking. Just had not gotten a round to backing them up to a cloud or back up drive. Was one of those I needed to do that soon things I kept putting off. Lost family and carving pictures. We have the last two or three years of those we use or phone to take . IT guy I use tried to recover them but could not has sent the drive to a company the specializes recovery but not sure they can do any thing. If you have picture you have been planning to back up some time . I encourage you not to wait do in now.

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
Sorry to hear that.

I've been scanning family photos, from time to time. When I've accumulated many, and dated them as well as possible (year and numerical month are a part of the file names), I copy the folder to thumb drives for my two siblings and my two children, and copy it to my wife's computer. I have a long, long way to go, but slowly our photos are backed up through sharing.

Reactions: CV3

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Might need to go through our pics again. I have been keeping pics that we deem irreplaceable on thumb drives but haven't updated them in awhile.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.