Walking Stick Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am interested in making walking canes and I'm glad I found this forum. I've seen some truly awesome work here. As a newcomer I have limited experience in wood working and tools. Some personal background: age 64, retired, married, Vietnam veteran, would love to build a decent cane. Not having a lathe can I use a round spokeshave to transform a 1" x 1" x 35" square oak blank into a cane shaft? I have many questions and I appreciate and thank all who will take the time to share their knowledge.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
CAS,
I was a paratrooper with the 101st Airborne Division, 319th Artillery. We got there in November "67", so I too was there for Tet. I still struggle with the politics of that war and the reception we received on return. We were up north in the A Shah valley. I'm glad you made it back, so many did not. Hope to hear from you in the future in this forum. And we are brothers!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.