Walking Stick Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
Its a game i have never seem played although have heard of it

I use a croquet mallet that has a carbon fibre shaft and it gets a lot of hammer , to knock a full size croquet ball weighting a pound full length of a lawn use a fair bit of power . So when a croquet is played to reach the full size lawn you hit 2 balls at once both at a pound each .The reason why there getting popular for croquet it allows all the weight of about a 3 pound croquet mallet head to be concentrated in the head allowing better accurate when striking the ball. as the mallet acts as a pendulum

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
the majority of modern croquet mallets are square .mostly hard wood . some metal bodies and also composite. . a few are horse shoe shape, only old or cheap / garden mallets are round .The club we started up only use square hand made mallets. the ends of the mallet are weighted with lead to suit the individual and usually weigh between 2pounds 10 ounces to 3lb 4 oz.. mostly African hardwoods with a inlay for a sight line.. Wooden handles for them are usually made from American ash. American ash has a tighter grain than English ash and is more durable for croquet .

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
always look at walking sticks/hiking poles of any kind , but i dont think i would ever deviate from the traditional shank there so tactile to hold and use . there strong durable and just love the natural bark of blackthorn and hazel etc. but still find metal one seem dead and life less and cast toppers cold and heavy. just me I suppose .but do appreciate the designer who made the original cast for toppers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.