Walking Stick Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found this articel on the WCI home page and thought it was worth sharing. Some really great carving.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Back in the 90's I was a Sears store manager and we had a senior lady that shopped the store regularly but had a tendency to lose her cane in the store more than once, in fact on the 3rd time losing it I offered to give her one of mine with the addition of my phone number engraved on a name plate. A safe method. That way I could return it to her if it was found. Turns out I got a call 4 times afterwards! She was always appreciative. When she passed away the cane was returned to me and I passed it on to another senior gal to hold on to.

·
Registered
182 Posts
On another story I had spotted a senior gentleman at various establishments around our small town of about 10,000 population with a very unusual looking custom hiking stick. One day I stopped him asked him if he made it himself. He told me he did and used it every day for no other purpose than a comfort companion. He said he'd had no vehicle for 10 years plus and walked with it every day to reach his destinations.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.