Walking Stick Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a new stick I made for a raffle a organization will hold in the spring. The wood coffee. It was wonderful to carve but sadly Tree Line no longer offers it.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Rad. Yes that's a small jet, I do some turning. Mostly Pens. I turn a few cane shafts on my Shop Smith also.

·
Registered
969 Posts
I was admiring the sticks you showed in the post "Sharing some work." I really liked the wood spirit stick clamped in the vise. The long, gaunt face reminded me of antique Gothic sculpture.

Speaking of coffee, its a good looking stick, but is it from a coffee tree, as in the tree that grows the beans I use for breakfast drink? That would be the first time I've ever seen that wood.

If so, what was it like to work?

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
I was also wondering that RAD but those trees only grow in tropical temps dont they?

I did manage to grow a coffee tree from a seedling for about 3 years but lost it,was hoping to get coffee beans of it never did, apparently takes about 6 years before they bear fruit Underastane there are 2 types of coffee one for the best ground and one for the cheap instant stuff.The cheaper coffee tree bears fruit after 3 years i understand ,never seen one bear fruit .

This is a new stick I made for a raffle a organization will hold in the spring. The wood coffee. It was wonderful to carve but sadly Tree Line no longer offers it.

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes form the coffee bush or tree that gives us the coffee bean.That is what I was told when I ask the people at Tree Line. Wsh I could get more.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts