Walking Stick Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Your off to a good start. He will be a colorful addition to your toppers.

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
We just went to the county fair yesterday and I think I saw your guys cousins in the poultry barn. What a racket, hope yours is a bit more subdued. ;)

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There not as bad as peacocks with there racket .but your right mine is more subdeud

Nothing like a coutry show to vist hope you enjoyed it

Theres a couty show on soon here that has a stand with stickmakers on displaying there work and selling the sticks .They also judge the sticks in different catorgaries with thw main type being rams horn ,markets sticks/crooks and thumb sticks

They usually get a couple of hundred entrys and they guys stand about evaluating them its quite amusing .there isnt many carved sticks as there is only two of us that carve them but the get other entries from out of the county and its good to meet up with people of simular interests and ideas

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
He is going to be good looking bird.

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
nearly there just a tad of work to do.needs a touch of pearlised paint varishing eyes need cleaning.. mayby a toch of another shade of blue.its already had 5 different shadews of blue with a undercoat of yelloy and sienna ,to lift the colours

the crop had 3 shades of red it didnt work realy but will have to see what its like when varnished . the colours looka tad strongWhoops wrong photo i can never adjust them?

a

Orange Art Toy Beak Wood Head Neck Orange Organism Art

Attachments

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
He looks good. I think the strong colors work on him.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts