Walking Stick Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an opportunity to share a 10x10 booth with a friend at a craft fair 2 weeks from now.I don't have a lot of sticks to display,maybe 20-25.Has anyone done this before and maybe have some ideas for best ways to display?We won't have a tent or anything.I'm thinking displaying on a long table or using a stick holder like what's used for pool ques,or fishing rods.It will be outdoors so I'd like something sturdy and tip resistant.Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated..Thank you.

Richard Demler

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
In a pinch I used 2 new 30 gallon plastic trash cans bungee corded to each end of a table to basically make them "tip" resistant. Worked out ok. If I were to get into the craft show scene I think I would make a nicer wooden display that bolts together. When hauling things around to craft shows portability is a must.

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
If your going to display any item of quality it must be presented well. It will reflect on the product so a reasonable presentation unit is essential as this will reflect upon the quality of the product your trying to sell.

If you display the sticks just dumped in a container it will give the customer the impression that its cheap and of a poor quality and therefore effect your price . most stickmakers take pride in there work and this must be reflected in the presentation to maximise potential sales .Its difficult enough to get value from your work so to maximise the product it must be of a good quality and not a me to item, so do something that expresses this after all you want people to talk about your work in a good way to maximise future sales by getting people to talk about the quality and service you can provide . just being friendly and explaining what type of woods you use how its seasoned and try to use local materials that's eco friendly but a friendly smile goes a long way without pushing to hard. Some times its just better to say no to the customer as the will try to drive the price down after all a lot of effort and time goes into stickmaking

1 - 3 of 3 Posts