Walking Stick Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No I cut a small piece off the top about 3 inches and drilled out a cavity about 4 or so inches. My basic plan is to make it sort of like the old Rambo knifes with a few small survival items in it. I'm gonna attach a compass to the very top, I'm concerned with my original idea of carving a cork style bottom to the top that I cut off but I'm worried it will eventually be to lose to stay on.

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Hi Chris. First I would cut off the damage areas at the edge of the top of the hole. I think you right about the plug being a issue. I have used metal cigar tube with a twist on top for this in the past. You can find them on Amazon. Make you hole deep enough to leave the top of the tube out just enough to screw the top on. Then drill out the plug you made to fit over the cigar tube top. One you have every thin fitted epoxy them in place. You will have to be sure the tube you get will fit in the hole. You ask about hight of a stick. as a general rule of thumb hold the stick with your arm against your side and you forearm stright out like you are holding a broom. From the top of your grip measure up 4" to 6" inches. Usually 52" to 62" inches depending on your hight. Hope thats helpful.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you I started visually seeing the cigar tube in my head after reading your response. I really like that idea to keep it sealed nicely.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts