Walking Stick Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It usually takes me about a week to crank out a cane - not certain (yet) if I'll attempt another this month raising the total to 89 for 2015. Being retired (for many years) I have NOTHING on the sched except a doc appointment next Wed. . . i.e., I have the time. :cool:

But do I have the inclination and desire.

Am not certain.

-neb

·
Registered
604 Posts
Thank you everyone for your kind words. Perhaps it's time for me to reveal a few things. :cool:

a) I am color blind, therefore do not see all the "reds" - I see contrasting colors but simply cannot name them. I have no idea what the colors of the rainbow are, except I think there's a yellow and a blue, but that's it. Further, I never see the beautiful colors of fall. So making one of those trips would be a waste of time for me. But I flat out ENJOY and get a bang outta finding those contrasting grains, even thought I cannot identify the colors. Does that make sense?

Secondly, I have taken thousands - not joking - digital pictures, and have had 50+ published. (I'll attach one in the spirit of the season, if I don't forget - which has nothing to do with cane making but rather the subject matter.)

c) I made that first cane in Jun 2013 and way back then began, and continue today, to take MANY pictures of every cane. And I'm glad I've done that . . . just this morning I took eight pictures of what's scheduled to become Cane #89 - my final cane of 2015 - and at present it's just a stick. Which brings me to this.

d) Because they are "sticks" even though I've taken MANY pictures there are times when because of their shape they won't behave. Almost none of them have "T" handles so I can't lean them up against a solid surface (tree) etc. So now you know why that cane on the far right is leaning.

Maybe.

-neb

ps - Hope you have a very satisfactory Saturday.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts