Walking Stick Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
907 Posts
Given the thumb a good rest so time to start back. so having a go at a couple of Ducks, a male and female mallard, tending to use the vice and chisel route to relieve the pressure on thumb when hand holding to carve. Will prob make them interchangeable, this saves on shanks and if any one requests any or some of the range it's a simple job to turn them into a single fixed topper stick.

Wood Artisan Automotive design Engineering Art Watch Wood Table Vise Creative arts Table Wood Creative arts Art Artifact

Wood T-shirt Artisan Engineering Gas Shoe Wood Shelf Flooring Floor

The pic's were taken at a local carving club I go to when in Brid. - East Yorkshire Woodcarvers , a small friendly group who mainly do relief carving, but since I started one or two are showing interest in having a go at making a stick.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
coming on Gloops always like tosee work in progress.

i also do all the basic work with chisel.

Although i am thinkof getting a axminster power carver .One thing i will be getting is a smallrange of saburr burrs.I use carbide burrs but there small and was after something with a better cutting action.after seeing some of them used on u tube .bit price per burr

keeep the pics flowing

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Thanks Gloops. Nice to see the in progress pics and the shots of the club members in the background are interesting as well.

Rodney

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Good to see U back at it Gloops. I have given the paws a break as well, seems the old Arthur doesn't like all this humid, wet weather we are having.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Looking good Gloops! looks like you have some younger carvers in your group. That is great. our group are all gray hairs.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Managed to get outside in between the showers and do a bit more shaping, the second was started at the same time and is running in parallel.

Hand Leg Gesture Finger Mushroom Human body Natural material Gesture Plant Finger

Hand Glove Finger Gesture Wood Hand Glove Sports gear Knee Gesture Hand Leg Finger Grass Wood

Hand Bird Ducks, geese and swans Beak Waterfowl Hand Grass Ducks, geese and swans People in nature Lawn Grass Gesture Ducks, geese and swans Thumb Human leg

Plant Grass Terrestrial plant Mushroom Tree People in nature Wheel Gesture Grass Thumb Head Hand Jaw Gesture Finger

Hand Jaw Beak Grass Water bird Hand Bird Finger Mushroom Beak Hand Finger Grass Wood Bone

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts