Walking Stick Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
I hope to reach his skills one day. I am trying to get the time to focus on doing more dogs. I hope in another month or so I can start to build a inventory of them mostly for skill building. It is fun to do them. I will sell what I can but I am not looking for work. Just the fun of doing it.

·
Administrator
Retired
203 Posts
Now that was some detail, I absolutely loved his dog. Thanks for the video.

Randy you are that good, I will never come anywhere close to the beautiful work you do.

I am just blown away how that fellow can just draw it just looking at a photo. Then carve it to look so good. There has to be some system to drawing but I can't figure it out.

I know I would never make carving a business, it is too much fun to ruin.

I did one of my hobbies, I loved mechanic work a lot, I made that my main job years back, it didn't take long that I started to hate mechanic work. Wood carving hobby is just way too much fun to mess up IMHO.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
I know I would never make carving a business, it is too much fun to ruin.

I did one of my hobbies, I loved mechanic work a lot, I made that my main job years back, it didn't take long that I started to hate mechanic work. Wood carving hobby is just way too much fun to mess up IMHO.
[/QUOTE]
Jim I understand. I did that with carving. The thing is to just do what you want to on your time line. I take commissions but I carve it my way. It is nice compliment when some one is willing to give up their hard earnd money for something you created, but not at the coast of giving up the fun of doing it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.