Walking Stick Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From left to right (Ignoring the tallest that is just a branch)

Nectarine simple stick for my Daughter Thistle, PVC pipe topped with hollow for whatever, Maglight tube cut top for survival gear.

A58FC4CF-53FD-4A34-94B4-A9AC3703F58D-156

66516072-29AD-489E-BA88-43059FB979BB-156

52BFC6A9-4AD6-48B8-821E-F9AA7782DA10-156

Bottom on this one is a 1" socket

B04656CC-A024-4E36-8702-C2840566CB3B-478

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
Hmmm, I wonder whether Jack Daniels would be contaminated by the PVC solvent. ;-)

Maybe the Maglight would be safer.

Those look like enjoyable projects - for me having fun is what it's all about.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmmm, I wonder whether Jack Daniels would be contaminated by the PVC solvent. ;-)

Maybe the Maglight would be safer.

Those look like enjoyable projects - for me having fun is what it's all about.
:lol: no solvent used, your fine. All are friction fit. The PVC got a screw for giggles and the Maglight is actually air tight.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I like Loogaroo's suggestion, a leather wrap or some other kind of wrap for the recessed area, to give it a nice transition. And of course any liquid would be in a small container, so no worries from contamination. :)

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
Great survival stick. That wire stand you have them leaning up against would really come in handy with this hobby of ours.

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
Great survival stick. That wire stand you have them leaning up against would really come in handy with this hobby of ours.
I buy similar wire racks that are sold as map racks here in oil country. They are becoming less common, as the map-drawing world is increasingly digital, maps stored on hard drives.

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
Good idea on the map racks. We had a local Retail store closure up here in Canada (Zellers) and they where selling or giving away all

racks and shelving so I landed one and it's sure come in handy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts