Walking Stick Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The heat and humidity have finally let up and I've managed to get into the shop. Started this stick a couple of months ago and getting back to it.
It's a gardening themed stick. It was going to be just a regular maple cane but I decided to have some fun and get some more practice on carving. It's basically a string of vegetables. Haven't decided what the handle will be, but where it goes from handle to shank is going to be a yellow crook-neck squash, followed by an ear of corn,then an egg plant, some string beans, something I haven't decided on yet (thinking maybe a grouping of peas), then a turnip, a pumpkin, a watermelon, then maybe a potato, beet and a carrot for the tip.

Check her out and see what you think so far.
Bookcase Shelf Book Publication Shelving
Bookcase Furniture Shelf Publication Book
Plant Wood Bookcase Shelf Creative arts
Wood Bookcase Shelf Book Creative arts

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Add some lettuce and you will have a salad stick. I like it. Nicely done.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Randy. I was kind of thinking about a leaf lettuce for the handle, or maybe swiss chard or bok choy.
Plant Leaf Terrestrial plant Leaf vegetable Tree
Food Ingredient Natural foods Vegetable Staple food

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
A veggie meal on a stick! Sounds good to me.

Reactions: dww2

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Maybe for a follow up, I'll do a carnivore's stick. Turkey leg, t-bone steak, slab of bacon, rack of ribs, sausage, crown roast of lamb, a whole roasted chicken, etc.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Can’t wait for Desert !!

Reactions: dww2

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
As it happens, I had an idea for a stick a while back which would fit that bill. It would be an ice cream cone with 20+ scoops for the shank, the cone itself as the tip and a scoop for a handle.
Art Painting Magenta Drawing Font
Taller than this obviously, but you get the idea.

Got some more coloring done on the veggie stick. Went with swiss chard for the handle, then the crook neck yellow squash. The clump of peas I'd envisioned became a pea pod, followed by a turnip. Probably add a potato maybe a beet then a carrot for the tip.
Wood Hardwood Publication Art Wood stain
Wood Creative arts Publication Art Terrestrial plant
Product Shelf Wood Sports equipment Material property

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
You are going to be taking a walk with a veggie garden instead of in a veggie garden. Fun stick dww2. If you use apple for the dessert stick you will have apple stick all a mode. Sounds good!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts