Walking Stick Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
966 Posts
Finally got a bit of time in the new shop today while the new puppy was sleeping. (Amazing how a 1.5 pound 8 week old pup can wear out two adults and a 2.5 year old dog)

I cut this blank a year or so ago and figured it would be a quick project while the pup was sleeping. It is a sucker which grew off a mostly dead cherry tree. The inside of the trunk was completely rotten but there was enough sapwood living that it grew to a usable size. It has an interesting serpentine shape to it from a few doglegs, but is overall inline from handle to foot. The head is sort of C shaped being the sapwood minus the rotten heartwood.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
966 Posts
She's a Boston Terrier. We lost our first one, Bea, in August to some sort of seizures. Come to find out, her mother (and I think a sister or two)had died at about the same age from the same thing. Something congenital along the females in the line, I guess. The new one, Phoebee, is related on the father's side but not the mother's.
Just back from the vet with her, actually, and turns out she's just a tad over 4 lbs. Doesn't feel anywhere near that heavy, but I lift heavy crap at work all day so I'm not good at estimating light weights.
This is her checking out her new big brothers, Monty the pug and Dougie the pug/dachshund mix.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.