Walking Stick Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Name's Pieter, 33 years old and I've never been on any forum. This is probably why I wondered why nobody but me is browsing this page at his time. Just found out about why those ''timezone'' things would be of any importance to me. You guys are all asleep! :sleep: Please forgive me in advance for all the newbie mistakes and stupid questions.

Thanks a bunch!

·
Registered
969 Posts
Pieter,

Hi. I had my 1st internet account in 1987. Everything continues to change fast enough that just a few months are enough to return one to newbie status.Its still so cool, but, pant, pant, I could stand a slow down.

Not many people, it seems, just want to talk about something as basic as a walking stick. Glad to see you are interested.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah walking sticks are cool, I just have to remember that the first guy to bother with a question live's half a world (6 or seven time zones) away. :) Which means for example, that you were up and about at a respectable time Yesterday. Unless you were still awake ofcourse. Thanks for the welcome, I hope to find loads of do's & (especially) do n't's here.

·
Registered
969 Posts
This forum is rather new, and does not have a large number of members. I stumbled across it after several weeks of doing searches for info on making walking and hiking sticks.

Tho' there haven't been a lot of posts, there is some very good information here. and I've received advice that has helped a lot. I didn't take crafting sticks seriously until late last autumn. Prior to that, it was just a pastime. So I am pretty much a newb, but rather enthusiastic.

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
I hope that you learn some good things here and share some of your knowledge as well. Welcome aboard Pieter.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Welcome, Pieter!

Like gdenby, I've been on the intertubes since before there was a web, back when we banged rocks at each other in text only. (and dinosaurs roamed the earth)

I've been on a few fora in my day, and each community is slightly different. This one, so far, seems to be rich with quality rather than quantity, but these things have a way of growing.

Welcome, and good to have you.

Andrew

1 - 7 of 7 Posts