Walking Stick Forum banner

Forum Vote needed

3K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  firie000 
#1 ·
Hi all,

This is my latest creation but I am in two minds about what to do with the topper.

Do I leave the tips as are or cut them off (about halfway down) and put buffalo horn on?

So I thought I would put it to a vote just for fun (then make up my own mind anyway).

BTW the timber is lovely straight poplar shank and the collar I picked up last year at that amazing stick shop in Tobermory.

Let me know what you think...

Cheers

Mick

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
What would the buffalo horn add, as opposed to just removing the excess length? Is the antler hollow (I know nothing about antlers), and would need a plug. If so, capping w. buffalo horn seems to me to be a good idea. if the antler is solid, no, just polish the cut ends.

#8 ·
My first thought is what do you have in your inventory of your work. This is a unique stick. That is a nice antler. But if you have others like it then I would play with the buffalo buttons on the cut antler.Think that will look good and would be more practical. Just my thoughts.

#13 ·
I really like the color of the stick. Is it stained or oiled?

Mick if your looking for more of those collars Treeline is where I order mine. They have them in brass and chrome but I don't know if they ship international.

#16 ·
Mick if your looking for more of those collars Treeline is where I order mine. They have them in brass and chrome but I don't know if they ship international.

I've been in contact with treeline and they do. Usually I buy from the UK but the exchange rate is almost double. USD is a par with AUD so it sounds a better option.

Will you use a wooden or buffalo dowel to fix it on before glueing?

Always when attaching spacer and topper to shaft. Usually do with tipping but this but time took a chance this time with just Araldite.

I always photograph the stages of each stick so I will post more progress shots.

Cheers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.