Walking Stick Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
She found this stick and wanted it (she has a good eye). She wanted 'a girl' carved into it. After looking at it, I suggested 'Rapunzel' She agreed, so here we go.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
Nothing is more enjoyable than making the little ones smile. I'll bet she is ecstatic. She does have a very good eye!

·
Registered
10 Posts
What a great find! Like the twirled shape as the hair and nice carving of the face. She'll be delighted to own it for sure.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Great stick! I wish we could find ones like that around here! Keep the pictures coming!

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
I wonder if you couldn't increase strength at the bottom by drilling a 1/4" hole in the bottom and putting a metal dowel in it.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I wonder if you couldn't increase strength at the bottom by drilling a 1/4" hole in the bottom and putting a metal dowel in it.
There is a curve from the bottom up, which I like, that would make it difficult to do, but overall strength should be fine.

If you look at the first pic and notice where I started carving her hair, that is where I made a weakness. I knew it would and had planned on taking the top part off anyway, unless it did show some strength at which point I would have put in an insert to strengthen it more. It is still a good height for her.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts