Walking Stick Forum banner
1 - 20 of 2351 Posts

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I'd get the ball rolling on a good morning thread! It's 47 degrees and fair here in Holmes County Ohio -- expecting a lot of Sunshine today!

How about in your neck of the woods?

·
Registered
969 Posts
50F here, w. the temp dropping all day, rain on the way. According to last Sat. morning forecast, tomorrow was to be mid-60s and sunny. Now, nothing above 50 for the rest of the week, w. intermittent rain, and snow. Crud. Had hoped to put some of my garden to bed tomorrow. Guess I'll see what i can do today.

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
Began the day above 50 with a hint of rain and dropped into the 40's by afternoon. Good day but better if I were home working on a stick.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good Tuesday Morning stick makers! It's a crisp 33 here in Amish country this morning -- and Sunny!

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
Tomorrow I am staying home in the morning. I'll report in.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
37 and cloudy here in Amish country! Expecting some rain showers, been hearing rumors of that dirty word "snow"

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
42F and sunny here in Tulsey Town. Landscapers arriving any minute with the first load of rocks for the back yard. You just can't have too many rocks.

Took the morning off work to direct the project, and I will have some time to whittle on a diamond willow stick. Great day for a walk in the woods, I shoulda taken the afternoon off too!

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good Morning! It's Partly cloudy and a cold 32 in Holms County, Ohio!

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
GOOD MORNING! Partly cloudy and 33 here in God's country this morning!

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
49 in Tulsa, just dropped off my wife and daughter for the Tuls Run 5K, the grandkids are under the weather so I'm not doing a 3K walk by myself.

I wonder whether walking sticks are permitted on those "fun runs?"

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
49 in Tulsa, just dropped off my wife and daughter for the Tuls Run 5K, the grandkids are under the weather so I'm not doing a 3K walk by myself.
I wonder whether walking sticks are permitted on those "fun runs?"
Probably if you don't have your Alpenstock or Geostock, you could probably get away with it!

·
Registered
969 Posts
All the way up to 32F just now, clear and cold. Yesterday kicked off really nasty. Just as cold, completely overcast, spitting rain and sleet w. 35 mph wind gusts. Clouds broke by the afternoon, so I put on my winter jacket, and sat carving on my backyard bench. May try a little searching today, but don't expect much. Lots of leaves still on the trees, but no storm damage I've found from the snow and wind we had a few days ago.

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
It was 33 degrees when we got up this morning, but sunny and warming quickly. I plan to sand on my Doc's retirement gift, and then epoxy the brass Veritas tip in place late today. With luck we will have time to take a walk on the trails at Turkey Mountain and maybe even stumble onto another decent stick there.

Next week looks like a busy one, so whatever I plan to accomplish with sticks this week needs to happen on the weekend.

Have a great Sunday.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Clear and 31 this morning! Looks like another nice day -- there won't be many more of these!

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Good morning fellow stick makers! It's a chilly 33° here in Holmes County, Ohio -- but it's supposed to be a sunny 59° before the day is done! However, I can see the handwriting on the wall -- winter is not far behind!

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
Overcast, warm, at 0945 already 65 and rising. Looks like rain, it rained a trace last night.

Discussing details of a planned stick with my brother. He'd like one of the cedar sticks that I cut at his east Texas place a year ago. He's a retired policeman, now working summers at Rocky Mountain National Park. I have a really nice Arlington Police Department badge/pin and a handcuffs pin that I can embed for him. Excited about making one for my little brother (he's actually bigger, but six years younger).

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Overcast, warm, at 0945 already 65 and rising. Looks like rain, it rained a trace last night.

Discussing details of a planned stick with my brother. He'd like one of the cedar sticks that I cut at his east Texas place a year ago. He's a retired policeman, now working summers at Rocky Mountain National Park. I have a really nice Arlington Police Department badge/pin and a handcuffs pin that I can embed for him. Excited about making one for my little brother (he's actually bigger, but six years younger).
Just make sure you take pictures of everything and share!

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Cloudy and 43° but dry! Expecting a high in the mid 60's. I can see the hand of winter creeping my way!

1 - 20 of 2351 Posts