Walking Stick Forum banner
1 - 20 of 279 Posts

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I'd get the ball rolling on a good morning thread! It's 47 degrees and fair here in Holmes County Ohio -- expecting a lot of Sunshine today!

How about in your neck of the woods?

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
49 in Tulsa, just dropped off my wife and daughter for the Tuls Run 5K, the grandkids are under the weather so I'm not doing a 3K walk by myself.
I wonder whether walking sticks are permitted on those "fun runs?"
Probably if you don't have your Alpenstock or Geostock, you could probably get away with it!

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Good morning fellow stick makers! It's a chilly 33° here in Holmes County, Ohio -- but it's supposed to be a sunny 59° before the day is done! However, I can see the handwriting on the wall -- winter is not far behind!

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Overcast, warm, at 0945 already 65 and rising. Looks like rain, it rained a trace last night.

Discussing details of a planned stick with my brother. He'd like one of the cedar sticks that I cut at his east Texas place a year ago. He's a retired policeman, now working summers at Rocky Mountain National Park. I have a really nice Arlington Police Department badge/pin and a handcuffs pin that I can embed for him. Excited about making one for my little brother (he's actually bigger, but six years younger).
Just make sure you take pictures of everything and share!

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Good morning fellow stick enthusiasts -- it's a crisp 32° here in Holmes County! Partly cloudy and expecting it to reach the 50's.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Good morning "Stick People"! Partly cloudy 47° this morning -- looking for a high of 58° it's going to be a beautiful day on the farm!

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Good Morning Stick Lovers! Mostly cloudy and 50° here in God's Country this morning -- expecting rain before the day is done!

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Partly cloudy and 34° this morning -- it's going to be a dry day today and we still have a lot of leaves in the trees!

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Partly cloudy and 37° this morning -- looking for a high of 55°

The corn is still standing -- hope to get it down soon!!

1 - 20 of 279 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.