Walking Stick Forum banner
2341 - 2351 of 2351 Posts

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Good morning! Weather was low 80s yesterday with a nice breeze. Quite pleasant compared to earlier in the week. I'm hoping for around the same today. I finished two more sticks yesterday. Nothing really different from what I usually make.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
The last few days have been on the muggy side. A lot of wildfires in the region again this summer. The sun has been red from all the smoke in the air. Nasty stuff.

It's cooler today, low 60s in the house this morning. It's a nice change.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Good morning. The weather has been pleasant the last few days. Nights are cool and Fall is getting here. I'm hoping for some rain soon to get the mushrooms growing. No pictures, the camera's batteries are dead. I've started a new cane with a padded handle. I'll post a few pics after it's done.

·
Super Moderator
954 Posts
Looks like we're finally turning the corner into fall here in Maine after a long summer of brutal heat and humidity. Barely into the mid 60s today.

Got the new shop the other day. Still sitting on the trailer at the moment but should be in place soon. It's bigger than I thought it was going to be, too. 12x16 rather than 12x14. Benches on 3 sides (one of which I might take out to put my lathe.) Wired and partially insulated. The siding needs some work; it's 20 year old chip board and is starting to come unglued a bit. I might frame in a couple of windows since it has none at the moment. But in general: WOO HOO!

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
That's a decent sized shop. Mine is 10x20 so they're about the same size. The shape of yours will probably be more useful. Mine is a bit narrow at 10 ft.

Fall is pretty much here too. We just had our first big rain about a week ago.

2341 - 2351 of 2351 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.