Walking Stick Forum banner
21 - 40 of 2351 Posts

·
Registered
969 Posts
Sunny and heading for 60 here. Went out to do a stick survey on Mon. Some frost on the ground, but so many leaves still on the trees that I was quite chilled by the time I came out of the shady forrest. Yesterday, I figured I had to use the last bit of semi-warm and dry day to mow the lawn one last time. Maybe do a little searching noonish.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Good morning fellow stick enthusiasts -- it's a crisp 32° here in Holmes County! Partly cloudy and expecting it to reach the 50's.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Good morning "Stick People"! Partly cloudy 47° this morning -- looking for a high of 58° it's going to be a beautiful day on the farm!

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
Had a long "breakfast" meeting with an old Marine from Indiana, passing through Tulsa. Didn't get to work until 11:30. At noon, it's 59 degrees, overcast, with occasional sprinkles. It rained most of the night, and we needed the moisture. Leaves are turning with more color than we have had in years, although I hear that the Ozarks are disappointing.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Good Morning Stick Lovers! Mostly cloudy and 50° here in God's Country this morning -- expecting rain before the day is done!

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
At 0930, still only 42 and overcast, but the clouds are clearing and soon we will feel the warmth of the sun (sounds like a Beach Boys tune).

·
Registered
969 Posts
The temp here has rocketed to almost 32F. Missed a good day to do some searching last Sat. The morning was cold w. fierce winds. Happened to contact an old friend on the phone, and we jawed for hours. Next thing I knew, It was 60, sunny, and balmy, but too close to dinner time to do anything. Rained the next day, rained and snowed the next. At least now the sap will really be descending. Less that 50% of the leaves left on trees.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Burrrr -- it's a cold 22° this morning, but it's supposed to be a balmy 38° before the day is done! At least the sun will shine and it will be dry!

·
Registered
969 Posts
'Bout the same here. Unfortunately, have things to do today. Yesterdays forecast was for sunny till mid-day Sun., but now todays the only sun. Tomorrow shouldn't be too bad, cloudy, but warmer. Now if I could just remember where I saw the sycamore w. a good branch coming out the side just a few feet up from the ground...

21 - 40 of 2351 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.