Walking Stick Forum banner
41 - 60 of 2351 Posts

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Good morning fellow stick makers! It's a cold 37° this morning! Doesn't look like to bad a day ahead here in my little stick paradise.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Good morning! We had quite the wind here last night, some damage -- I'm away from home right now, hoping the house is still standing!

It's a sunny 40° right now and still windy!

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
My house still stands! Good Morning fellow stick makers -- after the storms that passed through here, we are blessed to be all in one piece. 34° and cloudy right now, but we are supposed to see some sun and a little warmer temps today, without all the wind!

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
had seen the damage caused by tornados on tv wow pretty devasting feel so sorry for the people The BBC reported 62 tornadoos andd the size of them unbelivable.

I thoght this time of year you didnt get them.

But stay safe

·
Registered
969 Posts
Good morning All! It's a clear 28° this morning and expecting a sunny 48° latter today.
Almost the same here. Highest temperature for the day supposed to be a little lower. Surprisingly little wind damage from a few days ago. My neighbor's wooden fence blew down. I looked yesterday for storm downed wood, but only found some already quite dead branches. W. most of the leaves down, I suppose that spared lots of trees from stress.

·
Registered
969 Posts
had seen the damage caused by tornados on tv wow pretty devasting feel so sorry for the people The BBC reported 62 tornadoos andd the size of them unbelivable.

I thoght this time of year you didnt get them.

But stay safe
I've never heard of any this late in the year. The past several winters we've had "thunder blizzards," which I also can't recall happening before. The lightning isn't visible because the snow is so heavy, but the thunder is nearly as loud as during summer downpours.

When I was 11 years old, I was walking home when a tornado swept thru. I was perhaps a half mile from the nearest touch down. Never have wanted to repeat that.

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
I think "tornado alley" is spreading!

Back online, returned from Camp Pendleton and our first Marine Corps Birthday Ball. The young ones were impressive, and the old ones, well.........we are just a bunch of old farts, joking about the past and how too many hard landings ruined our knees. Or who got drunk and tore up a Green Beret bar in Chu Lai, etc. :D

·
Registered
969 Posts
Good evening, not! I suppose its not all bad. Cold like this will certainly draw the sap down. But, cripes! I'll get used to it, but even w. a new 500 watt work light next to me on my porch work space, coming inside is like stepping into a sweat bath. Why was it I used to like winter so much?

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
39F and dropping. This morning, family photos. Son wanted a couple with sticks

In 30 min., family begins arriving again. I'd on board to grill 21 burgers, no matter how cold. I'd better light the fireplace on the porch. Thank goodness I have some dry wood!

41 - 60 of 2351 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.