Walking Stick Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm Fisher Kat from Virginia. Thank you all for allowing me to join in. I not only use walking sticks, but make them as well.

Here taken with a pipe stem is my Buffalo Man walking stick. The stick is made from American Hornbeam, the handle is antler set with tiger's eyes and the arrowhead inlay has also been carved from antler -

o70oep.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
Now that is eye candy for sure, for this Okie. I expect to learn a lot from you in days to come. Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Greetings CAS

I'm glad you like it.

I've been working on another hornbeam stick here of late and hope to show it here soon.

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
Welcome aboard Fisher Kat. Great looking stick.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sean, Rad and JJireh, Greetings and thanks for your welcomes along with the kind words.

Every since fracturing an ankle some 25 years ago or so, I've carried a walking stick. The first one was no big deal, just a rough unfinished affair made of mountain ash. One to out-do me, a good friend and fellow hiker took to sanding his sticks down, applying some stain and finish. So I took a decent length of dogwood and did the same, but topped it off with an old cane head in my possession. In the following years I began carving other sticks and canes, but it's still a learning process for me.

Anyway thanks again for allowing me to join in.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Broken Beak. My second made walking stick. It was the cane head I mounted on a dogwood some 20 years ago and still goes with me on most hikes. I began calling this stick Broken Beak after dropping on an asphalt service road at Loft Mountain Campground back in 1997. The tip of his beak broke off and I spent an hour and a half in finding the piece as to glue it back.

2f0bwy0.jpg

rqyipl.jpg

30vhh92.jpg

1 - 9 of 9 Posts