Walking Stick Forum banner

Greetings From Houston

3K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  Silenthunder 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Holiday greetings to all.

I was quite excited to find this forum as I have been looking for a forum dedicated to the cane. I've been carrying for about ten years and have a small collection as a hobby.

I consider my next passion as building my own canes. I was most happy to note that there are others here who apparently share that passion. I am looking forward to learning from you.

I have just recently adopted a twisted hickory walking staff (about 50 inches long) which I have found to be a great aid in fending off the neighborhood four legged wildlife when I go for my walks.

I generally carry a crooked handled hickory stockman's cane on my daily ventures. It has become a good friend over the years. I have a few Blackthorns that I intend on passing to my son one day.

My first stick was a Cold Steel City Stick. I just started building from there.

In any event, I'll be around and try to contribute from time to time. I am honored to be a guest among you.

See less See more
#4 ·
Hello,

There are quite a few good stick makers here, and they offer good information. I started as a hobbyist several years ago, and have advanced to avid amateur. Upon finding this forum, I spent several days digging thru past posts, and discovered lots of good solutions to problems I had been having. I think you will enjoy yourself.

#5 ·
hello and welcome

As been said few passionate stick makers here with varying degrees of ideas .Its always good to get different ideas but usually people find there own thing,so theres never a right or wrong jjust alternative.

But most people here will find a answer to a question no matter how wierd or wonderful it is,

Also a few vary in style so whatever you do enjoy it

#9 ·
Welcome aboard! I'm not one of the good stick makers here, but I'll bet that I enjoy the enterprise as much as anyone. I'll look forward to your future pics and posts.
I am definitely interested in making a few sticks as a hobby. I've been looking around, and it looks like I've come to the right place. Between now and about the middle of January I've got a few things on my plate that need to be cleared away in order to devote the time and effort that this endeavor deserves. Please be patient with me as I grow into this.

Thanks for the welcome......

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.