Walking Stick Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello members, my name is Ron and I used to carve walking sticks and canes. Unfortunately, a neuro-muscular disease forced me to give it up. Although I have not carved for over two years, I like to visit Youtube and check out the videos on walking sticks. I was watching Sean's videos and found his link to this forum. (thank you Sean) I am looking forward to visiting the gallery to view all of your work. Since my hands no longer work properly, I won't be doing a lot of posting and commenting. I appreciate you all for sharing your work. Thank you.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Welcome Ron. You avatar tells me you skills were very good. I look forward you sharing your knowledge as you situation will permit you to. It is alway great to have good feed back on a project. Glad your with us.

·
Registered
11 Posts
hi, Ron. I remember you and your rainforest stick and other carvings over on WCI forUm. You did awesome work. Welcome aboard.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you all for your words of welcome.

Randy, my avatar is a picture of one of my last walking sticks. I call it the Hawaiian Maiden.

Greg, im pleasantly surprised that you remembered me from the WCI forum and, most especially, my Rain Forest stick.

I will try to contribute to this forum whenever I can and hope to be a supportive member. When I learn how to navigate the forum, I will post some pictures.

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
Welcome Ron. Lovely carving in avatar. Post and comment all you like. You don't have to still carve to contribute.

Cheers,
Sean

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi Sean, I wanted to thank you personally for getting me here to the Walking Stick forum. I subscribe to your Youtube channel and checked back from time to time to watch your new videos. It was there I found the link to the forum.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Welcome Ron T! I too have a disability so I know how things can be sometimes, I haven't been a member long but the amount of help you can get on here is huge. Good luck in your future stickmaking and I hope your pain is controlled. N.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts