Walking Stick Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I was given this sword cane awhile back and I was hoping for some information on it, like how old it might be and where it came from. Any info will help. The hole thing is haND carved the blade itself is also made by hand. The sheath has a dragon climbing up all the way up it, and the handle has a pineapple or bread fruit carved in it on the handle, their is also a face on the handle as well. If better pictures are needed let me know I'll gladly upload some more.

Thank you
Noah

Attachments

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Pictures are to dark to really see. From the carvings you discribe and the basic out line of the cane my first guess would be it is from the far east. The carving below the handle seems to be well worn on the edges leading one to suspect it is older and was well used. If you have a museum near some one there may be able to help you.

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
the photo arnt good enough but CV3 right take it to a museum. suspect its victorian .It became fashionabl for the late victorians to grow pineapples as a exotic fruit then and lots of country house have stone pineapples on the entrance to there estates and there looks to be some wear on itwhich is a good sign.

·
Registered
52 Posts
This type of cane with leather washer are banned in many country, mostly in France. Still old and nice but like the other member told you, the photos are too fuzzy and darker.

Frank.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.