Walking Stick Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here’s a photo of one of my red cedar canes. The stick didn’t have a good hook so I just slapped one on it. The crook makes it a right hand cane only. Left handed you get to kick it along. It was my first. Not to say that I got better at all.

Brown Sleeve Grey Collar Natural material

Of course my dog wouldn’t cooperate.

Dog Carnivore Working animal Dog breed Wood

·
Super Moderator
1,013 Posts
ndncowboy, I'm with you on that. Since the gf and I have been together (since 1994), we've lost 2 Rotties, 2 pugs, an English mastiff and a Boston terrier. Currently have another pug, another Boston, and a half pug half dachshund, aged 1 year, 3 years, and 5 years, respectively. Knock on wood, it'll be a long time before we have to deal with losing another one.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I recently, well about 3 years ago but seems like yesterday, lost my pug. Best little dog I've ever had. I NEED to get another. But I feel sorry for your half -n - half. Probably not like it is but I picture a smashed mug on a short legged long dog so gets all the bad traits of both and the medical issues that go with it. I loved my pug and her smashed face and hip dysplasia. And even with all that she made it 15 years with us. Held her in my arms until she went to sleep the last time. Still hurts like heck to talk about it. Miss sweeping up the hair daily. That's the only down side to a pug I think.

·
Super Moderator
1,013 Posts
Actually, the only real medical issues Douggie has are that his anal glands need a regular squeeze. He's got about 1/2 a nose (part way between the no nose pug and long nose wiener dog.) He's probably THE happiest pup we've ever had. Just has a real "everything is going ok" attitude. I usually refer to him as my happy pill. (He's always happy and can be a bit of a pill, stubbornness-wise) His stumpy legs definitely don't hold him back. Running through the woods, he makes better time than either of the others. He can go under things the other two have to go over or around. And climb! Holy cow, he can run up the side of a boulder like a mountain goat. If he stops in the woods, you can't see him because his coat blends so well, especially if he's around some granite boulders.
The only real sign that he has pug in him is his tail. A perfect tight little coil
Oh, and 100% agreement on the hair; 1.5 pugs make enough to knit a new dog every so often. Pic of Douggie.
Dog Dog breed Carnivore Companion dog Wood

·
Super Moderator
1,013 Posts
It's heart-breaking every time, for sure. Best thing to mend it I've found is letting a new pup fall asleep on my chest.
Dog Pug Tartan Dog breed Carnivore
Our newest little pup, Xerxes.The white fluffy thing above him is my beard which he loves to grab and pull on, the little so and so.LOL

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.