Walking Stick Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Retired, freshly diagnosed with diabetes trying to get my health back, I started bushwacking in my neck of the woods around my farm and needed a stick to keep my balance in the snow. With a woodworking background timber framing, log building, saw milling I enjoy the woods next door, always on the lookout for a log, a stick or a fork to incorporate into Bush craft furniture. Also I enjoy carving , making woodchips on a stick in front of the woodstove and hence this is why I landed here.

·
Administrator
Retired
203 Posts
Welcome aboard buddy, you came to the right place, several of us, if not all of us here, carve in some form or another, and we love sticks and wood. We also love the pictures, we sure would like to see some of your projects and sticks. I am an old nail whooper myself.

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. The fun thing about stick making is so many thing you can do with them. From finishing a natural stick to carving them, making toppers to add to one. Combining all the above. Look forward to seeing what you enjoy doing with them.

·
Super Moderator
965 Posts
Welcome, wodbutchr. Timber framing and rustic bushcraft furniture are a couple of things I've always found fascinating. Never tried any myself except for one cane I put a scissor joint where the handle meets the shank.
Looking forward to seeing your work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.