Walking Stick Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As indicated here recently I've made and given away many canes, and last week completed #72, made from Maple with a purchased COLD knob topping it off. So in the cane stand now are these two - HOT and COLD - a buddy told me he had a set of these at his house - on a 6' cast iron bath tub, which his wife loves.

These, however, are not true faucet handles - just made to look like them - are in reality drawer pulls - which, at my bride's suggestion I've secured to these canes.

She also suggested I be VERY careful who I present these canes to.

I chuckled.

Enjoy . .

-neb

Attachments

·
Registered
604 Posts
We had out of town visitors this past Saturday and I told them I had a story to tell. DUH! I told them I'd been making canes since the summer of 2013, etc., and for many of them I install hard maple knobs as the handles and showed them the cane beside my recliner. I then said but on occasion we go to Hobby Lobby just to look for drawer pulls, etc., and found these just for them.

Did you hear them laughing when my wife presented the lady with the HOT cane and her hubby with COLD?

Thought so.

GREAT fun - I LOVE giving stuff away. Here they are with their canes later in the day.

-neb

ps - she said that fairly recently her daughter-in-law saw a pic of her when she was much younger and said "You were a hot momma!" So it fit her.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts