Walking Stick Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I recently read this article 'Walking with Ease: A Guide to Walkers and Walking Sticks' and came to know that there are so many different variants of walking sticks such as fixed walking stick, walking seat with seat, height adjusting cane, quadripod walking stick, tripod walking stick and many more. I was just a bit confused as to which one to buy for my grandmother.

If you could throw some insights I would be grateful for your help on this.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,

She is suffering from a condition know as 'Rheumatoid Arthritis' due to which all her joints become inflamed and she is not able to stand or walk on her own. Things have slowly gotten worse over time since she was diagnosed by this condition. She is 65 now.

·
Super Moderator
965 Posts
I assume she has consulted a doctor as Rodney suggested, so his/her recommendations would be best to follow. The gf has a condition similar to fibromyalgia and has a rig something like the one dave51 posted except that it has wheels and hand brakes. Works fairly well.

Sorry if I sounded like a skeptical jerk in my first response.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I assume she has consulted a doctor as Rodney suggested, so his/her recommendations would be best to follow. The gf has a condition similar to fibromyalgia and has a rig something like the one dave51 posted except that it has wheels and hand brakes. Works fairly well. Sorry if I sounded like a skeptical jerk in my first response.
yup I had inquired about the one you have mentioned here but it is fairly expensive than fixed folding walker.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.