Walking Stick Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and I'm a stickaholic. I've been collecting for 30 or so years, and have started fashioning my own in the last few years, using wood from fallen storm damaged trees. I own more than a few sticks from the workshop of the late master carver, David Stehly, who enjoyed national fame and recognition. Here are a few of my own sticks, tucked away in a corner

Attachments

·
Registered
969 Posts
Hi, carlos45,

Far too easy to become a stickaholic. See you have 30 odd tucked away there. :goodjob: How many more in progress?

You're lucky to have Stehlys. A Tremendous carver, both in quality and quantity.

Look forward to your posts.

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
Welcome aboard Carlos! Glad to see you and other experienced stickaholics on board. I have a lot to learn, and your collection gives me some ideas already.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Carlos!

You have a great collection of sticks. :thumbsu: :thumbsu:

I see my favorite types there: the 'free form' sapling and branch sticks with the bark on.

May I ask what types of wood did you use?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Welcome to the forum, Carlos!

You have a great collection of sticks. :thumbsu: :thumbsu:

I see my favorite types there: the 'free form' sapling and branch sticks with the bark on.

May I ask what types of wood did you use?
Thanks all, and in response to littlleknife, there is a variety of woods represented there. Most of the darker sticks are either poplar or maple. The lighter are mostly black birch, with a few cherry and pear mixed in. They are nearly all from storm drops. I will try to get some better photos and post them in the next few weeks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts