Walking Stick Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've always wanted to make an almost perfect replica of Moses' holy staff, but my project has always been postponed since I couldn't find a natural branch with the exact shape and characteristics.

All changed when I found this young Japanese oak, and after 5 months of work it's finally complete.

The staff is 193cm long like in the movie, but unfortunately it seems like it still can't part the sea or transform into a snake!

P.S.I've made also another similar staff (last picture) from a more robust branch to test how well the paint would work before starting the final project.

Attachments

· Super Moderator
966 Posts
Very nicely done, Keijo! I'd say that was pretty darn close to a perfect replica. One of the first staffs I did many years ago was based on a drawing of Gandalf. Fast forward 30 years and I sold 2 replicas of Yoda's cane.

· Registered
54 Posts
i just love walking sticks with a bit of shape to them like the one you have done here

as you see to many dead straight walking stick looking all the same

with just a different handle on them so they don't look the same

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.