Walking Stick Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you CAS!
You are most welcome! I am learning more each week.

I will be offline beginning tomorrow morning until Monday. We are visiting my sister-in-law in Dallas, and then heading to my brother's place about ten miles from Fairfield, TX where we will have lots of family. I hope to find some good wood on his place, although the timing is poor as the sap is already rising and the trees are leafing out.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Thank you CAS!
You are most welcome! I am learning more each week.

I will be offline beginning tomorrow morning until Monday. We are visiting my sister-in-law in Dallas, and then heading to my brother's place about ten miles from Fairfield, TX where we will have lots of family. I hope to find some good wood on his place, although the timing is poor as the sap is already rising and the trees are leafing out.
Enjoy -- and good hunting!

·
Registered
419 Posts
Don't worry too much about that Vance, if you see something you like, taker down :) If I see something I like, I go ahead and take it (with permissions of course) Have fun and be safe travelling

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys!

Don't worry too much about that Vance, if you see something you like, taker down :) If I see something I like, I go ahead and take it (with permissions of course) Have fun and be safe travelling
If my little brother doesn't give me permission, I think I can still whip him, if he's not carrying his pistol (he's a retired cop). :roadrage:

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
I agree -- there is really no bad time, just different conditions to deal with!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Oh, #^[email protected]&!

I just wrote a long post about comparing Janka hardness to what I think is the true measure that most affects our common interest, Measure of Elasticity (MoE). I had diversions about the effect of continuous, end-to-end grain (either from riving or for just using a single stick or log), and linked to the best reference for wood on the intertubes, The Wood Database http://www.wood-database.com/

Then my finger slipped just as I was wrapping up this amazing tome of knowledge and my "magic mouse" (I got your #%&#$^ magic right here!) moved me "back" to the previous page and I lost it all.

Oh, well, the world is a poorer place :). Someday I'm sure I'll come back to the topic of end-to-end grain since I'm a bit of a riving nut and that's one area where stick and staff workers have it made, and why I'm not terribly worried about the strength of my sticks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts