Walking Stick Forum banner

Just for fun topper

3K views 24 replies 6 participants last post by  CV3 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I was stuck in the house today with a Knee issues. I got my grandson to go the the shop and bring me a 2'x 2 'x 8" block of butternut. I have a great little carving apron that catches all the chips while i sit in my chair and carve. Roughed out what will be a mountain man topper when it is done. Saw a little football, and Iced the knee.

Totem pole Totem Wood Sculpture Art
Apron Watch Hood Wood Flooring T-shirt

Attachments

See less See more
#8 ·
I sympathise with your knee just about recovered with mine, gave it a nasty twist and was inactive for 6 weeks. Like the apron, does it have an inbuilt stiffenner to hold in a catching position?

The mountain man is looking good he will stand proud on top of a shank/pole.

#9 ·
I sympathise with your knee just about recovered with mine, gave it a nasty twist and was inactive for 6 weeks. Like the apron, does it have an inbuilt stiffenner to hold in a catching position?
The mountain man is looking good he will stand proud on top of a shank/pole.
This is the apron. If someone in the family sew's would not be to hard to make one

#10 ·
don't know if I could get away with carving in the house. I get the quick eye over when I have been in the workshop on coming in the back door. One thing I always seem to forget is to stamp my shoes to knock the sawdust off .Its the rubberised door mat gives me away it just leaves my footprints .so always leave a pair of slippers there now to change into.

#16 ·
Topper coming along nicely, a good candidate for the oil paint staining finish as previously posted. Thanks for the info on the carvers apron all I need to do now is whip up some enthusiasm from her indoors to make one, (less mess should be a good incentive)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.