Walking Stick Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually, I did not. The sheen left from the Formbys left enough shine on the Arvorin without too much of a fake ivory shine. Real ivory is slightly matted unless there is a thick clear coat on it. But you would or should never do that to real ivory so I wanted my finish to reflect that.

BTW here's the for sale tag line that I hope will help sell this piece:

The Raj

Harkening back to the Victorian Era and the East India Trading Company, The Raj walking stick features the iconic symbols of India, the cobra and elephant. The Raj includes a brass cobra head handle atop an ivory** ferrule with a black stained oak shaft. Stroll through the markets of Bangladesh, Punjab or Delhi looking like a true British gentleman.

**Ivory is simulated and made from Arvorin

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's why I have the asterisks and the disclaimer on the bottom. But you're right, I just might have to change that to "Faux Ivory" but I'll still leave the disclaimer. I've always been told I have a knack for writing, I guess writing ads isn't that much different. Since most of my stuff is going to be one of a kind with a few exceptions, I have to do what I can to sell them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.