Walking Stick Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heya, folks! Name's Jesse-- I'm from Eastern Canada, and found this forum while looking for walking stick-making tips and thought I'd give it a look. I'm looking for another source of income, and thought I'd try my hand at making walking sticks on the side for fun.

Good to be here.

·
Administrator
34 Posts
hey Jesse, welcome to the forum.
are you near any National Parks or Nature Trails that have gift shops ?
when I was traveling up through the mountains here in the U.S., it seemed like every gas station and gift shop had a big wooden barrel full of hiking sticks for sale. some cheap for $5.00 and some had more craftsmanship into them at way higher prices. so yes, if you are in a good area that has hiking opportunities, I can see it being a profitable hobby.
keep us in the loop when you go collecting and then show us some of your finished projects.

·
Registered
Retired
29 Posts
Hey Jesse, glad you decided to join us. Like John said, some sticks sell for little and some sell for a lot. I ran across a fellow a few years back who had one stick for sale for $5,000. A little rich for my blood, but all it takes is one person that wants it bad enough. I have had numerous people ask me if I sold my sticks, I just tell them that I don't.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts