Walking Stick Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Vendor
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To All,

I have a possible commission for a cane with very specific requirements from the customer. One of these is the ferrule at the bottom: it needs to be silver / nickel in color, about 6 to 8" in length, and tapered, almost "pointy" looking. I have been searching high and low on the net, and all I find are the typical short ferrules. I have found a few examples that are attached to antique canes with pricey tags, but obviously that doesn't help me.

I suspect this will need to be custom made, but I don't have any contacts off hand that mess with this kind of stuff.

Any suggestions?

·
Vendor
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, that could be the answer, as long as I can get the look The customer wants. They mentioned a worn, somewhat beat up silver appearance, as if it were very, very old. I suspect this is to be some type of reproduction piece for role playing or theatrical use.

·
Vendor
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That could be interesting. I need to find out in what fashion it will be used. In any case, I'm sure it needs to be somewhat durable. Is pewter fairly soft? Where would I find the wire? Craft store? I have peened copper quite a bit, so I am familiar with that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.