Walking Stick Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry to say it appears I will be sidelined soon for quite a spell as I will have surgery on my thumb June 1st.
I will have a bone removed and a tendon from my wrist to replace it. I am told the rehab is around 6 months
so I won't be working on any walking sticks for some time. I will be on the forum however and putting in my
two cents worth if it's appropriate without over stating my presence.
The rest of you keep up the good work and keep us intrigued with creative ideas and superb craftsmanship.
Thanks, Valky

·
Registered
29 Posts
Good luck to you! I have had several reconstructive surgery's on my shoulder. The last was to re anchor several tendons. It was kind of a long heal but worth it! The last one was actually the least painful. I will be thinking of you as I twiddle my thumbs! DR

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So it turns out just days before surgery I tested positive for Covid! Good news is I had my shots and boosters so I really didn't feel that bad for the duration of it. It did take about 10 days however before I tested negative. Now I'm rescheduled again for the 16th. Anxious to get-r-done!

·
Super Moderator
954 Posts
That actually makes perfect sense to me. I have carpal tunnel in both hands from so many years of stocking groceries, but my right hand is worse since I tend to use it for strength as opposed to the left which I use more for delicate manipulation. I think part of it is also that when the store where I worked was being remodeled, I was helping to move in a large bake oven/proofer combo and I felt something go "ping" in my right wrist. Damn thing hurt like hell and was pretty much useless for a few weeks, but I was young and stupid and never had it looked at.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts