Walking Stick Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I'm now into using a cane 24/7, even in the house, every time our GREAT granddaughter, age 3, is here if we go somewhere together - to the mailbox, the garage, the clubhouse, etc., - she also wants a cane...and I LOVE that.

So she now has her very own cane. My lovely bride of 61+ years stained the shank PINK with strawberry Jello liquid and I added the polka-dot knob and rubber tip.

And if you don't think she's cute, you can cancel your membership here today.

:cool:

-neb

Attachments

·
Registered
969 Posts
And they grow so fast! Still, I'm supposing it'll be a month or two till her head tops the polka dot knob.

Hmm, I just had an idea. When I was a kid, my parents would stand me up against a door frame, and mark the top of my head, and date it. Maybe take the stick, and mark and date where her shoulder is, and see when that tops the stick. Or maybe mark where her wrist is at her side, and label the top of the stick "All Grown Up," so she'll have a keep-sake.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
YEP! However we have a GREATER challenge - a family tradition - our kids, then our grandkids and now our GREAT grandkids look forward to the day they are taller than a) their mom B) their grandmother and c) their great-grandmother (my wife). Our oldest great grandson is nine - lives in Nashville - and now every time he's here this contest happens.

Our prediction - he's got about 3 more years.

:cool:

BTW, all of the previous contestants achieved their goal.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
I made my GGD a walking stick also. She used to come over and use one of my canes as a microphone. Made her one with a microphone painted on the knob. :( Unfortunately she would swing it around while dancing and singing ( dangerous to furniture) and now it only comes out on "special" occasions like when GGPA & GGMA are visiting.

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
It takes a collections of sticks. The kids grow so fast that by the time you finish one and eat lunch. It is time to do another on become the are 2 inches taller!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts