Walking Stick Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to make 3 more pumpkin canes this year to sell. I've refined the wiring a bit. The first one I made is a pain and not suited to sell.
This one is carved from oak with a maple handle and a dyed black maple shank.
I used India ink for the black color. It's a great shade of black but doesn't penetrate deeply.
Wood Shovel Hand tool Garden tool Line Wood Gas Hand tool Symbol Metal Musical instrument String instrument Wood Human body String instrument Wood Gas Font Hand tool Garden tool

The first one was done mostly with a utility knife.
I'm pretty proud of this one. It was done mostly with actual carving tools and the wiring is a bit neater. This one is all maple.
Wood Pumpkin Musical instrument Calabaza Natural foods Automotive tire Plant Wood Yellow Pumpkin Tool Wood Dumbbell Musical instrument Gas Automotive lighting Wood Glove Gas Automotive tire
I'll add a picture tonight with it lit up.
Thanks for looking.
Rodney

Attachments

·
Registered
715 Posts
The new version is even cooler than the second! I love the twist you gave to the ribbing on the stem. It really accentuates the grain of the wood and looks more like a real stem.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Dana.
I'm pretty pleased with that one too. I still have a long way to go on the carving but I like doing them. They're challenging enough to keep me interested.
Rodney

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Interesting concept and well done to boot! :thumbsu: :thumbsu:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts