Walking Stick Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My oldest is an avid hiker and carries one of my sticks that I made for her years ago but now she is requesting I come up with a stick with a small sharp axe blade at the top. I did some searching and found this one so I will see what I can do with it and hopefully make it do. I will keep you posted on the progress.

Attachments

·
Administrator
Retired
149 Posts
I also look forward to seeing how it turns out. Wouldn't that be illegal? Just a thought.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We legally have open carry firearms in my state so I don't think anyone would be concerned in a hiking stick with a hatchet blade but then I was once given a citation for having an inflatable raft on the river so who knows! LOL

·
Administrator
Retired
149 Posts
Well, in that case, carry on then. lol I will have to say that hatchet head on a hiking stick would give some likely suspect pause. Love it.

·
Administrator
Retired
149 Posts
I bet she could get a mean swing with a handle that long. Sure would like to see some photos when you are through with it.

·
Administrator
Retired
149 Posts
That does look pretty cool. No one in their right mind would mess with her for sure. lol

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That does look pretty cool. No one in their right mind would mess with her for sure. lol
I guess it does look ominous but it's funny how many look at this as a formidable weapon but it was intentioned as just a tool for camping and hiking. It reminds me of when I became a district manager for a major retailer. I was told I couldn't carry weapons, I.E. my EDC Leatherman Rebar multitool with me or could be fired. Right from day one I said it's not a weapon, it's a tool so "go for it!" and they never did. I had that useful handy tool (weapon LOL) sheathed on my belt for 5 years until I moved on.

Attachments

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
In addition I just finished a couple other personal requests from my two granddaughters. Just two years apart they tend to have similar mutual ideas. LOL Of course the oldest leads the way.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'd add some sort of sheath for the blade. Otherwise it's rather like carrying around an unsheathed knife -- very dangerous to her and anyone around her while hiking.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'd add some sort of sheath for the blade. Otherwise it's rather like carrying around an unsheathed knife -- very dangerous to her and anyone around her while hiking.
Yeah it came with a sheath.(y)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thinking this hatchet blade hiking stick might be my final accomplishment but I'm determined to make it so!
I've been diagnosed with cancer but still am keeping a positive outlook. I can do it if my strength holds out!
It would be a lasting memorial gift for my loving daughter! Lord knows! I might still be making sticks 10 yrs form now
if God wills it!
(y)

Attachments

·
Administrator
Retired
149 Posts
Thinking this hatchet blade hiking stick might be my final accomplishment but I'm determined to make it so!
I've been diagnosed with cancer but still am keeping a positive outlook. I can do it if my strength holds out!
It would be a lasting memorial gift for my loving daughter! Lord knows! I might still be making sticks 10 yrs form now
if God wills it!
(y)
Bless your heart, I know of many people now days who had cancer but now don't. I know your daughter will always treasure the staff.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts