Walking Stick Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is Diamond Willow with hames handle. I did this for a friend in Texas.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Nicely done.

Did you have to order the diamond willow blank?

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nicely done.
Did you have to order the diamond willow blank?
Yes. I have 3 sticks I got from Treeline. Two now. I try and keep 2 in stock. That is a cane I have sold a number off. Treeline is expensive and diamond willow come with the bark on. But I have always been able to use their sticks. I have ordered diamond willow from other places and was not happy with what I got.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Nice looking stick CV3! I've been wanting to do a diamond willow -- maybe one of these days.

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
That is awesome, a real heirloom! I've been tempted to ask the folks at Sgt. Grit if they could sell just the handle of this, with the EGA. Otherwise I need to learn how to work with metals a bit.

http://www.grunt.com/red-oak-40-hand-turned-marine-corps-cane-walking-stick

Your stick has character and the one they sell was simply mass produced on a lathe, but I may see if they could sell just the hame.

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
No EGAs, but what a great resource for hardware! Thanks MJC4!

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
I emailed an inquiry to Sgt. Grit regarding the hame with the EGA. Their supplier sells only the completed stick, not just the hame. Perhaps I need to learn how to soften and bend an EGA to the curve of an iron pipe the same diameter as a given hame, and then solder or glue it into place on the hame. A future project for sure.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts